Diyabath is a cold soup, traditionally consumed by the indigenous people of Sri Lanka as a breakfast item. It is made from rice left overnight to ferment and then mixed with coconut milk, onion, garlic and raw chilli. It is not consumed regularly due to changing lifestyle. And very suitable Food for Reduce Gastritis
Medicinal Benefits Of Dhiya bath (Diya bath)
Dhiya bath is a medicine that gives amazing properties not only for gastritis but also for many other diseases. Our ancients used as an effective remedy especially for feverish diseases. It is also used to treat dry mouth, cracked soles, eye infections and skin infections. There is hardly a cure for gastritis. It can be done by eating watermelon to cure it completely.
Diya bath is cold food and is not used much in winter and on rainy days. Dhiya bath is a breakfast that will keep the day refreshing.
- Reducing cholesterol and reducing heart disease.
- The high salt content prevents stress, high blood pressure, dehydration and constipation. Acts as an antioxidant and detoxifies the body. Anti-microbial effect
- With a low glycemic index and anti-inflammatory effect, it also provides a probiotic
- effect similar to milk. It relieves stomach ulcers and gives a feeling of satisfaction even with a small portion.
This dish is known as “Palan Kanji” (old porridge) in South India. It is set up in a slightly different way than in Sri Lanka. Many Indians do not collect coconut milk as it is expensive in India. Most often, they burn a piece of dried fish using this rice
- Cooked rice (preferably white rice) – 1 cup
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Red onion thinly grated – 1/4
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoon
- Grated Maldive fish – 1 teaspoon
- Dries red chillies roasted and broken into pieces – 2-3
How To Make Dhiya bath (Diya bath)
- Add the water to the rice and soak it overnight (If you want a cool porridge you can keep the rice in the fridge).
- In the morning mix the other ingredients with the rice and add salt to taste.
- Green chillies can be used instead of dry red chillies.
- You can adjust the ingredients and thickness of the coconut milk used according to your preference.